GE Infrastructure Sensing, a leading provider of precision sensing products, systems, and services, today introduced VeriDriTM, a rugged industrial moisture transmitter for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) of air and gas dryers. The new VeriDri transmitter provides an accurate and highly reliable, yet cost-effective solution for either dew point temperature or PPM moisture measurement.
“VeriDri adds a low-cost option to GE’s comprehensive product portfolio of moisture measurement products,” said John Kerney, product specialist for GE Infrastructure Sensing. “Dryer manufacturers have been asking for lower-priced transmitter products in more compact packages to fit their smaller dryers. We designed the VeriDri transmitter with them in mind.”
Designed for desiccant regenerative industrial dryers, the VeriDri is available in a number of factory-set output ranges covering the overall moisture range of -110° to 40°C dew point temperature or 0 to 10,000 PPM with constant pressure. The VeriDri transmitter is a loop-powered device that provides a 4–20mA output proportional to the output range selected. VeriDri also features a more compact size and profile compared to previous-generation transmitters. It has an overall size of just five and a half inches in height and one and a quarter inches in diameter, and still maintains a NEMA4X/IP67 environmental rating.
VeriDri is a loop-powered dew point temperature or PPMv moisture transmitter intended for OEM applications such as:
• Regenerative desiccant air or gas dryers
• Plastic drying applications
• Medical air dryers
• Glove box monitoring
• Thin-film aluminum oxide moisture sensor technology
• Microprocessor-based, all-digital technology for reliable operation
• Compact size
• Type 4X/IP67
• Loop-powered 4 to 20 mA output
• -130°F to 70°F (-110°C to 20°C) dew point temperature/0 to 10,000 PPMv moisture (with constant pressure) overall range capability
• National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) traceable calibration
ute of Standards and Technology (NIST) traceable calibration